I’m walking the Grand Union Canal from King’s Cross (where I work) to Birmingham in stages, probably one every month, so maybe I’ll hit the second city by next Christmas, or not. We’ll just have to see.
Here are the proposed stages so far:
- Stage 1: King’s Cross – Lisson Grove
- Stage 2: Lisson Grove – Greenford
- Stage 3: Greenford – Uxbridge
- Stage 4: Uxbridge – Moor park
- Stage 5: Moor Park – Tring
- Stage 6: Tring – Leighton Buzzard
- Stage 7: Leighton Buzzard to Milton Keynes
- Stage 8: Milton Keynes to Iron Trunk aqueduct
- …and so on and so forth up to Brum.