I’ll be writing a longer post but here are some first thoughts…
- My French is nowhere near as good as I thought it was. I can hardly even speak French badly.
- Walking in snow shoes is fun but damn hard work at times
- My navigation skills aren’t bad at all but I need to check the map more often.
- A compass that actually shows north would be a useful buy (duh!)
- My stamina in the hills is good but much still room for improvement
- Roll on the great five day Pyrenean hike in August!
4 thoughts on “Thoughts from my February trip to the Pyrenees”
Did you have any good foody experiences?
Great pizza at the local place in Quillan, fab local sausages, it wasn’t really a foody holiday though
You could use your phone as a compass, if you get the app.
I could use a phone + app but I like the idea of learning to use a map and compass, then no fears about poor/no signal or batteries running out.